Julien Donkey Boy

You can imagine how excited I was to get Julien Donkey Boy in my Netflix Mailbox this afternoon. At first I was concerned that there might not be enough retards in the film, but when I saw the Lars Von Trier Dogme 95 Certification at the beginning of the film, I knew I was in for a wild retard ride. And I was not disappointed! Whether it's retards, blind people, cripples, normal black people, incest or weird foreigners you crave for your slumming satisfaction, Harmony Korine never fails to deliver. It's like an hour and a half live-action version of Vice magazine. (Although this one had fewer dead cats than your average issue.)
For some reason, Werner Herzog was in the film too. He said the two smartest things ever uttered in any Harmony Korine movie: "I don't like plastic in my garden." and "You haf to out-plastic them." He also delivered the singularly appropriate line: "I found it very shitty."

2 Comments:
I have this movie here at my place in a stack of DVDs that I have yet to watch. Maybe I will have to bump it up to top viewing priority. However, I still never fully recovered after watching Korine's "Ken Park". I think I lost a bit of my innocence, and part of my soul died a little after seeing that one.
My favorite retard movie is "The Idiots". Its re-living my time with toelessjoe above Moonies all over again.
Post a Comment
<< Home