Friday, March 28, 2008

Very Very Very Very Optimistic



On the way to work yesterday I heard a song that made me say "what the heck?" It was "Re-Hab" by a fellow who performs under the names of Stew and The Negro Problem. Here are the first few lines of the song:


when she got out of re-hab
for the very first time
she was very very very optimistic
first she bought a set of paints
then she started painting saints
'cause in Echo Park that passes for artistic
then one day her art dealer came by with a sin
next thing we knew she was on the rope again
when she got out of re-hab
for the very first time
she was very very very very very very very very very very very optimistic
very very very very very very very very very very very optimistic


It goes on like that, sung in a lazy unimpressed voice that is, as far as I can tell, identical to Spot's. I thought to myself: What is Spot doing singing about rehab? I guess nothing.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you're confusing Spot with Geza X.
EH

Friday, March 28, 2008 2:00:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home