Thursday, September 25, 2008

Baked Kale



I am always a little stumped about greens in general. If they are either undercooked or overcooked eating them can be a real joyless (and thankless) chore. This recipe, readily available on the internet, was awesome. I will repeat it in my own words:

Clean and trim Kale.
Dry.
In a bowl, coat with about 1/4 cup olive oil.
Bake on a cookie sheet at 350 for 15 minutes. Remember that you were supposed to turn the leaves over at some point, do that, return to the oven for a few more minutes.
Sprinkle with salt. Seeing as how the High Holidays are coming up, I recommend Kosher salt.

It's crunchy! The vitamins aren't all leeched out by boiling! You could eat a large bunch of kale as easily as a bag of chips. Great.

Serving suggestion:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

that looks like a winner. I will try and report.
EH

Thursday, September 25, 2008 9:07:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home