New Drawings

Tomorrow I am taking a little trip to Madison WI. I have not been there since about 1989. It has some fond memories for me, OKs Corral, drinking coffee, reading the Isthmus, trying to think of the names of the two lakes. One time I was there in the fall and I picked up some Russian paperback, and randomly read some part about some fellow who has lice, and he gets thrown down a well or something, and some young lady takes care of him, gives him a wool blanket and cleans his hair with kerosene, which kills the lice. He says something about small acts of human kindness being the most important thing in this world. I found out a couple days later that I had had lice as I was reading that, but none of the rest of it came true. I wonder it it will look the same to me. Probably not. I hope people are still eating lots of franks there, and hanging out in coffee shops on State Street. Also finding hats by the capitol building.
I heard back from Clark about the I Ching Podcast. He thinks it's a good idea, but is not sure about the form of it or the precise readings, which I am sure is a legitimate concern.
I got a message to go pick up a UPS package the other day, for which I had to take the train to East New York and walk half a mile to get. I was kind of cursing Bill Waltz' name, thinking that it was those Conduits which somehow got lost in the mail and had to be resent, but that was not the case. At one point I thought the giant Inflate-a-bed they were hauling out was for me, which caused no small amount of panic to arise in my chest. But that was not it either, it was an envelope from my former employer containing the Standard Register Company Annual Report, the kind that usually has a voting sheet in it, but this one didn't have one of those. Just some "Decisions" book about the choices you can make for your insurance and a list of the Board of Directors in pamplet form. The weird thing was that the return address said Moore Wallace, so maybe since I left, one of those companies bought the other two. Crazy.
Mildred and I had dinner with PJ Kelly the other day. It was pretty good. We heard a lot of good stories, and laughed a lot.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home