Thursday, October 18, 2007

Jogging Barrier



Well, I thought I had finally done it. I finally broke the 10-minute mile average on my four-mile run. This has been a kind of goal of mine (and, apparently, thirty-seven other people) for a little while now. Unfortunately, I figured out that day that my path is a little shorter than I had thought. In order to make it four miles exactly I have to go to Fourth Avenue, not Fifth, as I had been doing. The next day I ran the proper course, and only with the rousing support of Lightning Bolt's Thirteen Monsters (on the Shuffle) on the last few blocks did I get anywhere near my target, juking it hard at the end and coming it at 40:24, I believe.

This all sounds kind of pathetic, I suppose, but it is something I am working on.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's pathetic, boy!
You better work on it.
EH

Friday, October 19, 2007 2:46:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home