Saturday, November 03, 2007

Wikitardation


There you are, going along in your day, doing fine, and suddenly you want to know something about say, Japanese Curry or Rennet or the Hebrew Alphabet or the Cthulhu Mythos or Koine Greek or Chuck Barris or the Bernoulli Principle or Slightly Sweet German White Wines or Scott Simon or Spotted Dick. Fine, you say, I'll just look it up in Wikipedia later today. Then when you find yourself at the Wikipedia main page a couple hours later, you cannot think of a single thing to look up. What causes this? I think that probably the only solution is to have Wikipedia-accessible devices present at an arm's-lenght at all times.

Also I think it would be a good idea to give Monsanto all rights and sovereignty over all genetic material of growable products such as corn and rice.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, what a co-inkydink! I was just looking up some cthulu action on wikipedia, because I heard that the cthulu movie guys were doing a new one, and I kind of liked that last one they did with the stop motion monster.
I used to resist wikipedia because it seemed like the wont of "nerds what need to be kicked."
But it's a good resource, that's for sure. And those nerds, while still needing a kick, also indirectly provide my paycheck each month. And that money indirectly funded the fancy device that I use in order to look up crap in wikipedia during every billable hour of the day.
EH

Sunday, November 04, 2007 9:41:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home