Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Black Flag Hair


Oddly, just today I found myself wondering if I had seen Black Flag in 1985 or 1984. This chart suggests that it was 1984. Thanks to PD! (and WFMU's Beware of the Blog.)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

they should have a sub chart called "Henry's pants."
I saw them twice in 86 with Gone. The shorts got thinner and polyesterier between them.
EH

Tuesday, September 30, 2008 9:01:00 PM  
Blogger Larry-bob said...

I definitely saw them summer of 85 at First Avenue with SWA and I think Tom Trocolli's Dog. Where were you?

This site lists two 1984 shows: one in the spring at Duffy's with the Meat Puppets and Nig Heist, and one in October at First Avenue with Sacharine Trust.
http://www.dementlieu.com/users/obik/arc/blackflag/1984.html

Wednesday, October 01, 2008 2:24:00 PM  
Blogger slightheadache said...

I was definitely at the Duffy's show. I also know that I saw them at the Ave. with Saccharine Trust, so maybe I went to both 1984 shows. At the second show, before the show, Henry was wearing tan full-length corduroys. During the show he wore silky blue shorts that were easily pulled down by the mohawks in the first row. Henry did not like it when that happened.

Thursday, October 02, 2008 5:44:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home