Trout and Fries

So anyway, I have been reading about the Loire Valley. The Loire is a river in France that starts somewhere near Paris, I think, at about Orleans and runs through Tours, Anjou, Bourgueil, and Vouvray, among others, and ends up in Muscadet, near the ocean. Many of those places produce wines, and it seems like a lot of trout might also come out of that area too.
Besides the reading, I have been seeing these pretty good looking trout in the stores recently, so here's the deal:
Broil Trout Filets with olive oil and herbs (marjoram and parsley in this case) about 5 or so minutes
Salt and pepper
Serve with a sauce:
Sweat shallots in (actually I used red onions, but hoped you wouldn't notice)
2 Tbs butter with
salt, pepper, herbs and
some white wine (1 cup?).
Reduce for a while and add about a cup of cream. Cook until done and pour on fish.
Serve the whole thing with baked kale, french fries, some sliced up peppers and lemon and a nice white wine from the Loire Valley. OR, if you're like me and you are easily befuddled at the wine store, a cheap white from Bordeaux is fine too.

1 Comments:
trout is the walleye of the east.
EH
Post a Comment
<< Home