Coinage Issues

Today, as I sat down at my booth at Gina's Diner one of those Budweiser "Great American Heros" ads came on the radio. (Or whatever the current phrase is, perhaps it's something like "Great Men of Genius" now.) Today's salute was to "Mr. Indecisive Food-ordering Guy" and they sang the signature phrase just one beat after Gina's daughter asked me if I knew what I wanted. I just had to point at the song and she understood that I needed more time. Toward the end of the ad, the background guy voices "Entree Envy," a term I had always supposed that my friend Gaffney had coined, which I use fairly often, and from which we both suffer. Son of a Bitch, I thought, which ad agency scamp did one of us utter this in front of? You have to watch it in front of these advertising guys. They will turn your work into their paycheck the first chance they get. Anyway, "Entree Envy" has officially entered the public discourse.

1 Comments:
Hello Dolan
I too am an indecisive orderer; I can only decide when they've gone around the whole table and I'm last and then whichever one comes to mind first wins.
I wouldn't eat those bricks, though.
EH
Post a Comment
<< Home