Tuesday, July 10, 2007


RIP dot ALT

Why can't I type in the title line in either Firefox or Safari?

Although I have not been there for quite a while, alt.coffee was one of my all-time favorite sitting-around places. After 12 years they shut their doors and now have been replaced by a much cleaner, less inviting looking place. It is sad.

Goodbye sweet Big Shoes!
Goodbye sweet Nice Guy!
Goodbye sweet Dierdra!
Goodbye sweet Baby Huey!
Goodbye sweet Hanky Man!
Goodbye sweet Jason Jr!
Goodbye sweet Edgar Winter Kid!
Goodbye sweet Indian Goth Twins!
Goodbye sweet Puerto Rican Squatter!
Goodbye sweet Creepy Jeff Kinzel Guy!
Goodbye sweet Annoying Mentally Ill Woman!
Goodbye sweet Glasses Girl!
Goodbye sweet Glasses Girl Sister!
Goodbye sweet Beardy Owner!
Goodbye sweet Young Steve Malkmus!
Goodbye sweet Next-Door Record Store Girls!
Goodbye sweet Cup Thrower!
Goodbye sweet Doofus Guitar Player!
Goodbye sweet Man With A Cane!
Goodbye sweet Crippled Punk and Girlfriend!
Goodbye various sweet crazy hippies!
Goodbye sweet assorted beginning drawing students with journals!
Goodbye sweet "I've been to college"!
Goodbye sweet Foot Pervert!
Goodbye sweet Pair of Angry Drunk Marines!
Goodbye sweet (real-life) Mark Ibold!
Goodbye sweet Sexual Egressor!
Goodbye sweet Handsome Iranian Smoking Intellectual!

I think fondly of you all.

Also, some dude wrote a short obit of the place here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home