How do I post this?

I imagine this is some kind of joke, but I am not sure on whom.
While trying to remember some technique I had seen for changing the color of an object in Photoshop I came across this tutorial on some low-rent Photoshop tutorial site. The first six comments immediately after the very clear tutorial seem to be written by intensely stupid people. It is pretty funny, and makes me feel uncomfortable.

3 Comments:
I think those people have suffered under the strain of trying to figure out why Photoshop has to be such a pain in the ass to navigate, especially around layers.
I could Photoshop together a better UI than Photoshop has, using their own software. And I could pull it out of my butt.
I for one believe that software should be developed with open and transparent standards, and that the end-user experience always suffers when code is written in the dark and mysterious confines of one's butt.
That said, the best thing about that little episode is not whether or not Photoshop sucks it, but the aggressively stupid "But we are not rocks" quality of the posts.
I think there's a grad school paper in this somewhere. All you gotta do is come up with a clever name for the socio-economic group out there that is defined by their compulsive need to add their two cents to every online discussion, even if amounts to only "what he said!"
EH
Post a Comment
<< Home