Speeder and Earls' Columbian Supremo


Recent car trouble has had me walking home from the mechanic very early in the morning (10:45am) a couple of times recently. It's a two-mile walk through parts of the town that I don't often see. How exciting it is to see this other side of town with its exotic creatures of the night performing their bizarre early-morning rituals! I feel like an anthropologist as I buy my coffee and paper.
Speeder and Earls' Columbian Supremo
Drip Coffee,
Pump-pot Delivery
I think this is a fairly high-caffeine coffee. At the first sip I noticed a slight pang of headache in the top left forehead area.
The first sip of this had me saying "Oh, I know this one." And so do you. This is related to your basic truck-stop coffee, I would bet that truck-stop coffee is, in general, Columbian. This coffee has a roundish taste, with a fairly narrow flavor profile, concentrated on the mid-range flavors. It is blunt and tends toward yellow hues. I would say that the overall taste is orangey-red with some golden notes in there tending even toward pure yellow. The flavor is sour not bitter. I get more acid than tannin, and I noticed a little abrasion in the front of my mouth, that "squeaky" feeling. On the back end there is a little sourness, but no real buzz. This coffee tastes a little like compromise. It is the same stuff, essentially, as they serve as the house blend at The Cottage in Iowa City, and a thousand other muffin places across our land.

2 Comments:
gad, how depressing. new england coffee.. look out for Green Mountain roasters, the starbucks of the east. They offer all kinds of flavored syrup available to cover the taste.
On the other hand, walking through unknown country is alwasy good.
EH
"This coffee tastes a little like compromise."
very astute - location trumps all
Post a Comment
<< Home