Ethiopian Yrgacheffe


Co-op bulk Ethiopian Yrgacheffe
Made at home in the "Moka"
This is pretty good. I could see going for this one on a daily basis. Yrgacheffe is not particularly flavorful or dynamic, but it has all the stuff in there that you want, without the extraneous distractions. The nose is sublte and direct. You get a whiff of sourness and roast, but not a lot. The flavor is open in the middle, with some sour and lots of bitter on the back end. It has a delicate grain and more than a little dry ash in the sinus. I like it a lot, and have a hard time convincing myself not to make that second pot, although it seems clear that the level of caffeine is such that I should stick to one pot a day.

3 Comments:
There's this documentary about the growing and processing of coffee called From the Ground Up. It's kind of interesting but the soundtrack is horribly repetitive, consisting of a cut-up version of the song "Java Jive."
Dear Scott- My dad brought me back a pound of this exact same coffee from Ethiopia itself- I really enjoyed it. Yet every time I try the local supposed Ethiopian stuff- It doesn't taste so hot. Then I think, yeah, the Guiness was much better in Ireland....PD
I tend to think of Yrgacheffe as being my favorite coffee. I don't think i could write about it at as great a length however.
Post a Comment
<< Home