Brunch on the Boat Blend

We went on a kind of "Harbor Cruise" when my mom was visiting. They had a lunch thing on the boat as we cruised around. In retrospect it would have been nicer just to sit out on the deck and watch the scenery go by, but I hadn't really understood what the options were. The coffee on the boat was obviously made in one of those churchy five gallon drip deals with a filter the size of a steering wheel, or a Dutchman's collar. It was fresh, and had taste that I would describe as "cubic." What I mean is that somehow you were aware of the large-grain cut of the grind, almost as if you had a mouthful of tiny sugar cubes. I am not talking about sediment or any other actual physical dimension of the coffee, it's just what it tasted like. If you plotted the taste on a graph, it would be a shallow "mesa" shape. A big block of inoffensiveness right in the middle. Assertive but not aggressive. Some sourness and a little bitterness, as I recall, but not a lot. The main note in the middle was chocolate, with a little roastyness. Not bad, I suppose.

1 Comments:
that's a pretty good review considering it's 5-gal church basement coffee. Christ-like, you seem to be finding the good in every blend.
I had a coffee a few weeks ago out of my own pot that I would describe as "steely" - the chocolate notes were obscured like when you bite into the foil around a hershey's kiss.
EH
Post a Comment
<< Home