Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Moving

We have been packing for what seems like months now for our big move, which happens Sunday. There are several closets that have not been touched yet, and to be sure they are jam-packed with crap. How can it be possible that "not that much stuff" takes up so much room in so many boxes? On the bright side I got to listen to several old records as I was putting them away, including Carole King's Tapestry and Them/The Green Door by Appliances SFB. Both were outstanding. I had to come to terms with the fact that I am never getting back my first pressings of Replacements' Stink and the Suburbs' Credit in Heaven, but on the bright side (again) I have in my possession a test pressing of the Tar Babies' Respect Your Nightmares, someone's copy of the Baby Astronauts' All the Pancakes You Can Eat, HCE's Meat Puppets II, PD's Buzz or Howl Under the Influence of Heat, and I found my long missing copy of Naked Raygun's Basement Screams. OK.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

the kicker is getting your albums back out of the boxes once you've arrived at your house and unpacked. We moved in may and our basement still has 2 dozen boxes of non-essential (Erik's) stuff that needs addressing.
Good luck!
EH

Wednesday, July 30, 2008 9:12:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home