Blixa ads, Tokyo, Devo

Blixa Bargeld apparently did some ads for Hornbach, which appears to be some sort of German Home Depot. They are pretty funny, and nice to watch. He should give classes in poetry recitation. I don't like how they translate the name of the band in the beginning. For those who don't know, "Destroying New Buildings" is German for "Einstrürzende Neubauten."
www.tcpunk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9470&highlight=blixa
I had the "going on a trip, forgot my passport" dream this morning. It's a peculiar dream, probably the only reoccuring one that I still have, having grown out of the "Big House," "Joining the Army," and "Can't See" dreams some time ago. The dream seems always to follow a predicable sequence: I am at the airport, about to embark on a foreign trip that I am looking forward to, and I realize that I don't have my passport, so I have to run home, but there is not really enough time. Somehow I always get on the plane, but there is some anxiety about what will happen once we land. This morning I was on my way to Tokyo. Nothing very spectacular usually happens, unless you count the cool cut-away views I sometimes get of the airplane. Maybe I should start carrying my passport with me, just to avoid this sort of problem in the future.
What were those crazy sounds outside today? It sounded like thunder for about ten minutes straight, and then ended. Very orderly boom, boom, booms that seemed to be getting closer with each boom. Then nothing happened. It must have been some kids pushing giant metal plates off a moving truck.
At work today we were listening to a playlist consisting mostly of very early Devo and very early G.G. Allin. They sounded a lot more alike than I would have thought, and many times I did not know right away which one I was hearing.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home